Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I have decided to expose my deferment

i. it makes sense when you consider the pleasures of transgression

then they brought the heavy oxidized cannons, erect and
rising through a green mist of mud that oozed downhill-

it was, after all, necessary,
and they did have scriptures and all that shit,

and they brought it
and they brought it
and they brought it,

hallelujah.

they brought it to an previously obvious place
that I never, idiotically, expected, duh?
and, to emphasize my stupidity (in case you missed the point):

I cannot say that I was surprised or even cognizant
of the absurd and ribald bloody scene that drew,

in the modern sense of the gerund cutting,

an audience of ten.

ii. I need to buy new glasses

man, I am just trying to see.

iii. in the interim, someone asked me about the afterlife

just to be clear,
man, I am just trying to see.

5 comments:

  1. finding the glasses easy, the right prescription, ever changing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glasses... I have 4, all for different tasks... very annoying...
    Nice piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. agree... nice piece; I especially liked the gerund cutting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's good to see, but some things you need to feel...

    ReplyDelete

Yes?